The first time you install the Save Emails Addon, it will show you an authorization dialog requesting access to certain services in your Google Account.
Google Addons Permissions Explained
Here we explain why these permissions are required and how the add-on manages your data.
1. Read, send, delete and manage your email
The add-on needs access to your Gmail email messages to search and download them. It will only read your email and never delete or send any email. It adds the label “Saved” to email messages that have been saved to your Google Drive.
2. View and manage the files in your Google Drive
The add-on saves your Gmail messages and file attachments to the selected folder in Google Drive. It neither reads your files nor it deletes any file. It only saves new files received from Gmail.
3. Know who you are on Google
The add-on needs to know your email address to verify your license should you decide to upgrade to the premium version.
4. View and manage your spreadsheets in Google Drive
The add-on logs everything in a Google Spreadsheet so you have a central log of every email and file saved by the addon.
5. View and manage data associated with the application
The add-on needs to store account specific data like your search rules, your email address, your license key and so on.
6. Allow this application to run when you are not present
The add-on saves emails in the background even while your computer is turned off. It runs as an automatic trigger on Google servers.
7. Connect to an external service
Some email messages contain inline images that are hosted on an external server. The add-on needs to download these images for embedding them in the PDF file.
8. Publish this application as a web app or a service that may share your data
The add-on will soon be available as a standalone mobile-friendly web app to help you manage your rules and add on configuration from anywhere and not just inside a Google Spreadsheet.